Just for You...Scrip Program
JOIN US ON SUNDAY
We look forward to seeing you at one of our two services.
9:45 - 10:45 AM
HAVE A QUESTION?
Want to learn more about St. Charles United Methodist? Are you looking for ways to connect? Join this terrific group of growing, serving and sharing Christians. We'd love to answer your questions , help you feel at home, and join us . Get in touch.
You may know us as the Pumpkin Church, but We are much more than just pumpkins.
St. Charles United Methodist Church in Destrehan, Louisiana is:
We are a friendly, diverse and very casual congregation where you will fit in, no matter who you are and where you have been. Join us at one of our morning worship services with excellent music and relevant preaching and where we are glad to provide a caring nursery for all our worship services.
Psalm Sunday Services
The 8:30, 11:00 AM services will have music by the praise band and chancel choir.
Maundy Thursday Service (7:00 PM)
Join us at 7:00 PM for our Holy Thursday service. Music will be provided by the prasie band and chancel choir. Communion will also be served.
Good Friday Service (7:00 PM)
We will be remembering Jesus and the Cross at this solemn Good Friday service. Music will be provided by the chancel choir.
Sunrise Easter Service
As has become our tradition, we will be having a sunrise service on the Mississippi River Levee. We will meet across from the Ormond Plantation in Destrehan.
Easter Services (8:30 and 11:00 AM)
Join us for one of our Sunday Easter services. Special music will be presented by the Praise Band and Chancel Choir at both services.
Sunday Announcements: April 13, 2014
Adult Sunday School Classes (SS=Sunday School Building):
NURSERY: A nursery for ages infant – 4 years old is available during Sunday morning worship and during Sunday School. Our nursery is in the Main Building, down the hall from the church office.
Disciple-Into the Word, Into the World-Mondays 7:00-9:00pm
Disciple-Under the Tree of Life- Wednesdays 6:30-8:30pm, Thursdays 9:00-11:00am
The Ironmen meet at 6:00 a.m. in the Prayer Room each week.
The Crown Financial Study: Jim Adams will lead a class from the Crown Biblical Financial Study beginning on Wednesday, March 12 at 6:30. All Christians are taught God’s principle of tithing and handling 10 percent of their income Unfortunately, many Christians do not understand the Lord’s perspective of handling the other 90 percent. You will learn what Scripture teaches about managing all your possessions. Topics included in this 10 week study are: getting out of debt, spending, saving and investing, giving, tithing, earning and training children to become financial stewards.
"Change Anything: The New Science of Personal Success" Ryan and Courtney Mumbower will teach from, "Change Anything: the New Science of Personal Success" also beginning on Wednesdays starting March 12. A stunning new approach to how individuals can not only change their lives for the better in the workplace, but also their lives away from the office, including (but not limited to) finding ways to improve one's working relationship with others, one's overall health, outlook on life and other areas.
MID WEEK LENTEN SERVICES: Communion will be served. Our Mid Week Lenten Services will be held on Wednesday evenings at 6:30 p.m. Communion will be served. All mid week Bible Studies will follow at 7:00 p.m.
UPCOMING ADULT EDUCATION CLASSES:
EASTER LILIES: Missions will have a fundraiser for the Easter Lilies for 2014. Forms will be available starting April 6th and 13th. The cost will be $12.00 each. Last day to sign up is today!.
THE HOPE OF EASTER: Pick up your 10 day reflection devotional in the Narthex.
MISSION OPPORTUNITY: Our former pastor, Mark Martin, will be leading a Mission team to Cuba in September, however, May is the deadline for signing up. If you are interested in finding out more about this trip, please call Ronda Knox at 504-236-6110.
PLAY BALL: Church Softball League Starts in April!!, please contact Dave Lambert @985-764-7159 if you are interested or have questions.
KAIROS: In God’s Time” April 24th – 27th God’s love will be present to the women chosen to come to the retreat. You can be a part of that love by baking cookies, saying prayers, contributing financially (checks written to Kairos INC.) or writing words of encouragement. Due date is Wed. April 16. Sign up in the Narthex. Thanking you in advance for your faithfulness.